Outdoor programs are moving indoors! City Centre will be offering a limited selection of registered programs starting October 19th 2020. Registration opens October 13th 2020 at 10:00am.
Programs are available for Preschoolers, Children, Youth and Adults and include programs such as Cycle Fit, Hip Hop, K-Pop, Yoga and more!
All classes are viewable at richmond.ca/register right now! Filter your search by selecting City Centre Community Centre as your location to see all of our classes.
Ready to Register?
There are currently two ways to register:
- Online at richmond.ca/register using your MyRichmond account.
- By phone through the Registration Call Centre at 604-276-4300, Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm
If you don’t have a MyRichmond account, here is a helpful video: Creating a MyRichmond Account
Celebrate the Harvest Full Moon with us this year online through stories, reflections, and photos.
The full moon in autumn is the most beautiful moon of the year. It is called the ‘Harvest Full Moon’ as it coincides with the farmers and fishers’ harvesting time around the world and throughout history. At this time of year we celebrate our City’s rich agricultural and fishing history and give thanks during the harvest season through traditions, rituals, and the arts.
Celebrate the Harvest Full Moon with us this year online through stories, reflections, and photos. Click here to view a lantern making tutorial video and to learn more.
We are celebrating our 5th birthday through special memories and photos!
Lang Centre was the primary facility to City Centre area in the past until 2015 when City Centre Community Centre opened its doors. Lang Centre is now the satellite facility to City Centre Community Centre. We do not forget our roots from where our community initiatives and engagement all started from.
In a blink of an eye, five years has gone by and we have offered many special events, programs and services. Most importantly, we have created meaningful relationships and connections with our community members, other community organizations and our members.
Without you all, we would not be able to carry out our events like Harvest Full Moon, Chinese New Year Celebration, Pride Drag Show, Concerts in the Park, Outdoor Movie Night and Youth Leadership Groups.
All of these fabulous events and programs are supported by our amazing instructors, community partners, and our volunteers. Without these key players in our community, we would not be able to have come this far.
Thank you all for being with us on this journey as we celebrate this special day with you all through some special memories, stories and pictures. Let’s continue to build leadership, relationships, and grow together as a community!
Check out some of our favourite memories, a virtual museum, and highlights from our community by clicking the button below!
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, registration for all Fall 2020 Preschool programs will proceed as a lottery draw.
- Lottery Draw will be held on Tuesday, May 19, 2020. With facility closures due to COVID-19, and to respect physical distancing protocols, the lottery will not be held in-person. Instead, it will be completed by City Centre Community Association staff to ensure transparency and accuracy
- Names will be chosen randomly. When all names have been drawn and compiled to a numbered list, participants will be notified by phone and/or email. Families will be offered a choice of available spaces. If no preferred space is available, names will be waitlisted in the order they were drawn.
- Once notified, participants will have 24 hours to respond. If we have not heard back from a family, their position will be forfeited and we will move on to the next name on the list. Only after a client accepts or declines a space, will the next lottery draw be contacted.
- As of 11:00am on Monday, May 11, 2020, you will be able to access a link to our lottery ballot form on our City of Richmond preschool website or it can be downloaded below. This form includes information about program times and fees.
- Download, print, fill out, and email the form back to email@example.com no later than 11:59pm on Monday, May 18, 2020.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we conduct our Fall 2020 Preschool registration. We appreciate your interest in our program and look forward to being in touch soon!
To learn more about our Preschool programs and our philosophy, visit our Registered Preschool page.
Did you know Mother’s Day is this Sunday, May 10? Get your mom something she can keep forever by making these simple paper flowers. Share with us your creations afterwards!
All you will need is construction paper, pipe cleaners, beads, scissors, and glue.
For full instructions, please visit https://bit.ly/2xHwUjN. Check out our Facebook page for weekly indoor craft ideas, along with fun Stay at Home Challenges, and more.
Happy Mothers Day!