City Centre Community Centre has 6 Youth Leadership Volunteer Teams! Leadership Teams meet weekly during the school year over Zoom to plan projects and initiatives around their Team themes.
We believe in teamwork. Youth Leadership Team Members learn effective communication, project management and marketing skills through exploration and collaboration. Members are also given opportunities to step up into Co-Captain, Events/Logistic Director, Marketing Director, and External Director Leadership roles when they feel ready as well.
How to Join
Formally, each team hosts recruitment every September. However, there are times where new opportunities may be introduced throughout the year, so check back here for any updates!
Recruitment for the 2020/2021 Year has Closed.
City Centre’s Youth Leadership Teams
Meetings: Thursdays 4:00 – 5:00pm
- To Spread art, music, and culture throughout the community and city
- Create leadership opportunities for artistically and creatively engaged youth.
Meetings: Thursdays: 5:00 – 6:00pm
- Encourage YOUth passionate about Social Justice to take their ideas into action by spreading awareness and initiating conversations regarding marginalized and disregarded societal issues.
- Plan and execute events and projects that will leave an impact on the community and bring like-minded youths together.
- C-change members are changemakers.
Meetings: Thursdays: 7:15 – 8:15pm
- Skills such as:
- How to take charge as a leader and manage a group
- Develop an open mindset towards new challenges
- Teamwork and effective communication
- How to be an encouraging and supportive figure
- How to start a sustainable businesses
- Fostering a strong connection with the community
- Developing our skills in networking and engagement
- Event organization
- Life skills
- To develop an in-depth understanding of the business and entrepreneurship world
Chartered Professional Accountants British Columbia (BCCPA) are regular sponsors for BETA U events.
Meetings: Tuesdays 7:30-8:30PM
Women make up half of the population in Canada, yet they are vastly underrepresented in leadership roles. Did you know that only 15% of women in Canada are CEOs?
JOIN FEARLESS TO CHANGE THAT. FEARLESS is a committee targeted toward young women that aims to empower them to take on leadership opportunities, no matter the field. No experience is required! This incredible volunteer opportunity will set you apart and help you receive the skills to uplift others.
Meetings Fridays 5:15 – 6:15pm
Richmond is home to people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and so much more that makes our experiences unique.
Join WE’RE HERE to explore leadership and volunteer opportunities that promote our wonderfully diverse Richmond community through arts, events and more. Together, we can create a strong community and celebrate who we are.
Meetings Wednesdays 4:15 – 5:15pm
According to Statistics Canada, youth and older adults stands for 36% of Canada’s total population. In your perspective, what is the association between these two population? What is aging? Do you think aging starts when you are born or when you are 55+? Are you planning to work in the health, service or business industries in the future? Do you want to learn how to build a healthy community with positive intergenerational relationships? Lastly, do you want to be a leader in the field?
Intergen is a youth leadership team that meets on a weekly basis to plan, coordinate, and lead initiatives to make Richmond an inclusive, age friendly, and healthy place to live.
“Ageism is a prejudice against our future self”